A scent of a memory
There’s something more tolerable about a bulge that does not yield so easily.
A bald curve to clasp both hands around, that
fills and feels as if it’s growing into
you. But it never shifts a molecule further than its perfect calibrations; encircled with supportive striations, immune to my stubby stroke of silent thanks.
For not being anything other than, my apple-wax scented standard lamp.
Published in The Guardian 10/01/2008
The Sea Orphan
Polymorphous Light Eruptions
The Sea Orphan
May 2002: ‘Voices Net‘ Anthology. voicesnet.org
Oct 2003 – Nov 2004: ‘Art Works in Mental Health’ touring exhibition. Royal Academy of Art; Cardiff; Manchester; Birmingham; Edinburgh.
6-13 Aug 2004: Published on BBC Talent Showcase:
Nov 2004: Published in ‘The Power of Words’. ForwardPress.
Jan 2005: Published in the Anthology “Expressions from the Heart of England 2005”. Anchor Books.
- 2007: ‘Bookmarks’ Part of the Leeds Library project for ‘Situation Leeds’
- 2007: HayVend. Art in vending machines
- 2005-2006: Bury Museum & Art Gallery. IDEAS: Innovative Design ExhibitedSold.
- 2006: Art Installation ‘The Book Ends’ (a multimedia poem). ‘Making Words’ Exhibition at Bilston Craft Gallery, Wolverhampton. Royal Pump Rooms, Leamington Spa & Solihull Arts Complex
- 2004: ‘Ensorcelling the muse’. Anthology produced for Arvon course.
- 2002: ‘Uplift’: Article about my dance project. ‘Connections’. Mind.
- 2002: ‘Beginning to End’ Wild Thyme Writers Group Anthology.